Sunday, July 22, 2012

A Plethora of Project Boxes

As I was cleaning up after our little project this afternoon, it occurred to me that I am slowly accumulating a plethora of small project boxes.  I find myself picking up another one every time I go to Radio Shack.  In addition to the ones in the picture, I have two more in the parts bin...lol.

Anyhow, just thought that I'd share a picture of them.  I've had a lot of fun so far with these projects, and I'm looking forward to many more!  All that being said, here is a quick pic of my little project boxes:


Starting clockwise from the left, these boxes contain:

  • Soundcard interface for APRS/Packet/and other digital modes
  • PC interface for PTT desk mic and morse code straight key
  • Control box for cycling through (manually, or enabling automatic shifting of) colors on my LED lit glass blocks.
  • Simple Coax Tester

It pains me that I paid around $100 for the SignaLink and associated cables when I could have built an interface for around $20.  Not knocking the SignaLink USB, it is a great device, but I like building things myself when possible.

73,

Richard, KK4JDO

No comments:

Post a Comment