Wednesday, December 4, 2013

KF5INZ "Easy Digi" Build

Today's post is to cover the quick build of the KF5INZ "Easy Digi" Sound Card Interface.  This was a great little kit.  I can't find the parts separately for what this kit costs.  I can't stress enough what a great value it is at $11 shipped.  The pcb is good quality and the instructions are almost unnecessary it is so easy to assemble.  I think that it took me a total of 15 minutes from opening the package to having a completed board.  I still need to build a box for it, but the board itself was done in just a really short amount of time.

On to the pictures...

The kit came in a typical little yellow envelope, with the parts and pcb in a little zip-lock bag.


The parts are all easy to identify and can be sorted in seconds.

Here is the optoisolator IC and diodes installed .  The polarity of the diode is silk-screened on the board.

Then the resistors.

Then onto the capacitors, all two of them...

And finally the audio transformers.  Quick and easy!


That has it all completed and ready to go, now I just need to build a box for it and build some cables to connect it.  The intent of this board is to connect my 2m rig to my Raspberry-Pi using a USB soundcard to build up an APRS Igate using Xastir and one of the soundcard modems.

I'll do another post once I have it completed.

Thanks and 73,

Richard, KK4JDO

3 comments:

  1. Dr. Richard KK4JDO;
    Good morning.
    Congratulations on your mount. It was very good. I'll do the same. Please, how to set up the cables?
    Thank youvery much.
    73
    Durval PY2DUN durval.domingues@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Durval, I'm not able to make a post on the cables just now, but I will get one up as soon as I am able. Thanks for checking out the site!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete