Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Christmas Ham

My wife did the best that she could as far as getting a present for a ham radio operator goes.


A speaker mic for my iPhone!  Who knew that these even existed?  ;-)  What a better way to show off how HamSexy I am than using a speaker mic when talking on the phone!  Of course, now I'll probably ID when on the phone out of sheer habit.  I can see it now:

Ring...ring...ring...

Mom:  "Hello?"

Me:  "Hi Mom, how are you today?  From KK4JDO"

Mom:  "Ummm, hi, I'm fine?  What were those letters and numbers?"

Me:  "Oh, that was just my call, don't sweat it.  Gotta go!  Love you"

Mom:  "Ummm, love you too dear"

Me:  "Talk to you later, 73, KK4JDO clear"

Mom:  "Uhhhh, bye!"

How absolutely awesome will that be?  I guess it would be less awkward with family than it would be with the doctor or a work call.  Although telemarketers could be fun.  I could give them reception reports and be sure to throw in a lot of hammy slang and abbreviations.  ;-)

Anyhow, what a great present!  I hope that you all had a wonderful Christmas replete with family, friends, and food.  Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to each and every one of you!

73,

Richard, KK4JDO



No comments:

Post a Comment